03 September 2013

It's official. I'm a hard ass.

It's been an exciting day. I worked half a day today because, once again, I got to visit the  hospital for a "procedure" this afternoon.
Since my bones lit up like Christmas on my PET scan last week, my oncologist thought it would be prudent to order a bone biopsy to test for type (we're rooting for HER2+, kids!)

My aunt, the Oncology nurse, called me yesterday with the appointment time: today, at 1pm. **Mind you, I have tickets to see Muse in Charlotte, NC, tonight. So, like the little trooper I am, I took the appointment, and I'm currently doped up on Percocet, on the way to Charlotte.**

I got to the hospital at 12:15pm and waited for the nurse to call me back for pre-op. JBB generously donated her chauffeur skills, and also recommended an evil little game called "Dots" to keep me distracted while we waited. (Thanks, JBB! Just what I need: another time-sucking addictive game. I love it. And hate it. :-P )

I learned some things today:
1. My new Port-a-Cath rocks. It took the nurse no time at all to hook up my IV.
2. The doctor that did my bone biopsy was hot... and he basically got 30 minutes of one-on-one time with my ass this afternoon.
3. My bones are surprisingly very hard. The hot doctor said so.
4.  I know what a bone drill sounds like. And it is very disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment