30 August 2013

The Good, The Bad, The Bony

Just once, I'd like to visit my oncologist or my surgeon (or my GP for that matter!!,) and get some genuinely *good*  news. Especially news which is good, which stands on its own, which isn't good by comparison to the "bad" news.
Sadly, today was not really that day.

I finally got the results of my PET scan from last Saturday.
Don't freak out; I'm not, yet.

The good news? All of my internal organs are clear.
The bad news? My bones were not so lucky.
The ugly news? I get a bone biopsy next week for confirmation.

Needless to say, chemo is on hold until we get more biopsy results.  Tentatively, I'll start chemo the second week of September...

Here's why I'm not exactly losing my mind right now: there's a fancy-pants chemo drug that targets bone.

Let's cross our fingers.... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment