15 September 2013

Post Chemo, Friday-Saturday

MJ made sure that I have lots of visitors the next 2 days... Not that it mattered much, because mostly I just wanted to sleep. I did get out and about for a little while, because staying at home for me is a tough thing to do. Other than feeling sleepy (which is kind of standard for me, with the narcolepsy and all,) I haven't really experienced many truly terrible side effects.
I did have to invest in a large bottle of Tums (the wintergreen flavor, please-&-thanks) because I've had some heartburn. I *never* have heartburn, so I'm not sure if it's just stress or a legitimate side effect.

Saturday, I travelled to Augusta for a short visit with a few friends. We had pizza, of which I ate very little. I think my appetite is not great at this point. We walked around quite a bit, but nothing strenuous, and I am used to walking around a lot. I did start to feel the fatigue set in around midnight. Luckily, that's about when we stopped walking around so much. Once we made it back to our hotel room, though, I was done.

When I woke up the next morning, things had taken a decided turn. I definitely had a fever. I was achy, exhausted, and a little over an hour away from home. I felt like I got hit by a truck...a very large truck that dragged me all the way back to town....

No comments:

Post a Comment