19 September 2013

Genuinely Happy WBC Dancing!!!

I remember a few weeks ago, pining over the lack of genuine-stand-alone Good News when I went to see any of my doctors.

Today, I got my Good News.



One week ago, I had my first chemo treatment. This week was rocky. I was relatively ok for a few days, ruined for about 36 hours, and it wasn't until about Tuesday morning that I started to feel more like my human self again. Things over the last 48 hours or so have continued to improve, and I'm happy to report that I do feel at about 85% of my pre-chemo state.

I went in for my nadir blood work today, because apparently it takes about 1 week for the chemotherapy to work its way through my body, and it's perfect timing for getting the "bottomed out" statistics. ALL of my stats were still in "normal" range. Including my White Blood Cell counts. And I didn't have chemical assistance in the form of a WBC Booster shot during my last treatment. That means, my wonderful body (the one I curse for being too sleepy or too fat or not pretty enough or not __________ enough) did all the bouncing back on its own.

And I LOVE my body for it.

Remind me in a few weeks when I'm back to my dysmorphic ways to remember this moment of unqualified adoration I have for myself. Remind me to cut my fat some slack, for it keeps me warmer than I would be without it. Remind me to rest when I feel tired instead of trying to just grit my teeth and push through it, for that's my body's way of telling me that I'm getting in the way of healing.
I'll try to remind myself that the sum of the parts of my animated face is what I don't get to see when I stare in the mirror and nitpick all the separate "flaws" my eyes see.
I'll remind myself that trying to compare my uniqueness to everyone else's is a recipe for disappointment, and that I should appreciate that I am not ideal, and truly, no one is.

2 comments:

  1. Remind yourself that you are a wonderful writer and a wonderful person to share your journey. Remember lots of us are wishing the best fir you. And please let me know if I help with rides or meals or anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind yourself that you are a wonderful writer and a wonderful person to share your journey. Remember lots of us are wishing the best fir you. And please let me know if I help with rides or meals or anything

    ReplyDelete