24 August 2013

Heavy PETting

I am radioactive today. I am not allowed to shake babies or hug pregnant women until tomorrow.
I had a PET scan this morning. The lovely radiology tech injected my "perfect vein!" with a radioactive solution and I got to relax in a comfy chair for about 45 minutes before I laid on a hard bed and was shuttled (very s-l-o-w-l-y) back and forth through a white plastic tube for about 25 minutes. The tech said I didn't move a muscle. I guess all that practice in shavasana at the end of yoga practice has helped me after all.

The tech said that she is sending all the image results to the radiologist today, probably it's already in his/her hands, and that my oncologist should be able to look at it Monday. I have to go in for pre-op testing Monday afternoon, so I'll probably be impatient enough by then to contact the oncologist or my aunt to see what's up...

2 comments:

  1. So, now I'm being impatient...what were the results?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard the official results from the PET scan yet. I plan to contact my oncologist Wednesday, so that I can get more info.

    ReplyDelete