13 August 2013

MRI

I was able to find a piercing studio and have 3 of my stainless steel piercings switched for acrylic.

I went in for the MRI at 6:15am. I changed into baggy ridiculous ugly scrubs and the technician gave me an IV for the contrast dye infusion.
He asked me if I had a special request for music... I asked for techno. I got house. Close enough.

A female tech helped me get settled on the "bed" of the MRI machine, face down & topless. I got headphones faintly pulsing with electronic music.
I know I must have fallen asleep for most of the procedure. After all, I can fall asleep just about anywhere/anytime.
I do remember when the contrast dye was mechanically injected into my arm. My fingers got cold, my lips tingled and I smelled/tasted metal.

Once the procedure was finished, I felt dizzy. I'm not sure if it was because I was suddenly awake and mobile after remaining so still for over an hour, or if it was just a side effect from the contrast dye.


No comments:

Post a Comment