05 August 2013

Lump

It all started with a regular visit to my GP. I see her about every 3 months, since I get prescriptions for controlled substances to treat mild narcolepsy and ADD.
We decided it was time to have the gyno/breast exam portion of our visit. She found a lump.
She wrote me a referral to have a mammogram & sent me on my way.
I sometimes have lumpy boobs, so I really just thought it would go away after a while.
I really wish I could have a do-over on that decision to wait it out.
I finally got a mammogram and sonogram done. The doctor who looked at my mammogram and sonogram results decided that I should try a course of antibiotics, to rule out an infection of the breast tissue.

I finished that 10-day course of antibiotics with no change in my right breast, much to my dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment