01 January 2014

Happy New Year

I've had 2 shots since my last chemo, both to boost my white blood cell count. I spent all weekend, and most of Monday and Tuesday on Vicodin... and most of that was unconscious. I did manage to go to a New Year's Eve party last night, but I went to bed shortly after a midnight sip of champagne. I realized that my energy would be better used for cheering on my football team in their bowl game today.

I woke up around 10:30am, and still felt pretty crappy.  I tried to drink a mimosa, which was mostly orange juice anyway, but it hurt my throat too much. I ate a little bit of chili and some cornbread, but still felt a little nauseated. Not to mention, my skin hurts and my bones still ache.

Overall, not a very auspicious start to the new year, but at least my football team won.

No comments:

Post a Comment