07 January 2014

Another CT Scan

I'm having another CT Scan this morning. That means my breakfast was another Ready-CAT barium shake. This time I chose "Apple" because one of the radiology techs said that lots of people "liked" that flavor more than the others. Once again, I'm not sure who these people are. The "apple" tasted like the scent Bath & Body Works uses for its soaps. Seriously. It was pretty gross.
I was "smart" this morning, and didn't drink my shake until an hour before my appointment, instead of the 1.5 hours they said on the instruction sheet. I hoped my little ruse would help me avoid a second Ready-CAT, but no such luck. "Vanilla" wasn't any better than I thought it would be. Think of chalk, with a hint of fake vanilla taffy flavor... It tasted about half that good.

Once again, the CT scan was quick, made me feel like I'd peed myself, and imitated a quick hot flash. I came out unscathed. The set up, again, 45 minutes.

 I have an appointment on Monday morning for the results. I remain, with fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment