26 December 2013

Chemo #6 - Hopefully my LAST chemo...

Sorry for the lack of posts the past couple of weeks. Here's a breakdown, though:
**Chemo #5 was a doozy.

**My neutrophils (the emerging/immature white blood cells) were 0.03 at my nadir labs a week after. They're supposed to be at least a  4.0. I had been feeling pretty awful, and my infusion nurse, Sharon, said that was definitely why I felt so bad. I probably shouldn't have gone to work all week, but when I don't work, I don't get paid. It's hard to negotiate the gap between work & my health at this point because I'm so tired and it takes my body so much longer to bounce back from each chemo treatment.
I got lots of shots after my nadir labs to help my white blood cell count. They cause some bone pain, but since I switched to a different allergy pill, the pain is much more manageable.

**This past weekend, I slept. I woke up on Saturday morning, ate some breakfast and drank some coffee, then took a nap. I woke up in time for lunch, and took another nap. Then I woke up in time for dinner, and took another nap. I finally just got in the bed... Sunday was a repeat of Saturday. Sadly, I didn't really feel rested for work on Monday, and could have easily slept all day again, but I went to work anyway.

**Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were spent with the family. It was nice, and everyone got along well... We had so much delicious food for Christmas Eve dinner, but I didn't have the best appetite. I ate as much as I could though, because who can pass up beef tenderloin, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, mushroom/sherry cream sauce, and crepes? Not this girl.


Hopefully, I get an extra infusion for my white blood cells today during my chemo treatment so that I don't have the overwhelming fatigue I had after the last treatment. Hopefully, I can get out and walk some this weekend so I don't feel so home-bound and lazy. Hopefully, I can blog about some things over the next few weeks other than how I feel so tired and sick. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment